[Bioc-devel] New package function question

Martin Morgan mtmorg@n@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Mar 26 15:28:01 CET 2020

usually it is considered very bad practice to simply copy code between packages -- any bug-fixes or changes in behavior in the up-stream package are not reflected in the copied code, and 'bit rot' eventually settles in, where the copied code is no longer functioning correctly.

It is much better to adapt your code to use the _public_ functionality exposed by the original package.

I know this doesn't answer your question the way you were wanting...

Martin