[Bioc-devel] New package function question

ELENI ADAM e@d@m002 @end|ng |rom odu@edu
Wed Mar 25 03:34:07 CET 2020

Hello,

I am creating a new package that I would like to submit to Bioconductor.
It's essentially a C code, which is called by R (using Rcpp).

One of the C functions within my package, is the C code of the R optimize
function (obtained from a C file of the folder:
R-3.6.1\src\library\stats\src\optimize.c), but slightly modified.

At the top of the R-3.6.1\src\library\stats\src\optimize.c file it states
that:
"This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free
Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option)
any later version."

I am just not entirely certain if my package is allowed to contain this
slightly modified C code of the R function?
And if yes, should I place the aforementioned phrase "This program is free
software..." in comments above the specific function?

Thank you in advance,
Eleni