[Bioc-devel] Biostrings: unicode character ("compact ellipsis") in print()/show() output (2nd attempt, rephrased)

Felix Ernst |e||x@gm@ern@t @end|ng |rom out|ook@com
Sat Mar 7 21:52:47 CET 2020

Hi,

If you can replicate the latex/knitr/sweave issue locally, try installing Biostrings from my GitHub fork used in the PR. This should solve the issue, if it is about the ellipsis character causing problems on windows only.

If it doesn't, it probably has more to do with the way unicode characters are handeled in latex. I had a lot of problems, when trying to develop the Modstrings package vignette and I couldn't get it to work with a pdf output. The number of special characters I had to deal with were from many different alphabets and resisted my attempts (without any detailed knowledge about latex to pdf conversion) to get to the bottom of it.

Maybe someone else has more experience regarding unicode characters in latex and can take a look at this (if it persists).

Felix

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org> Im Auftrag von Vincent Carey
Gesendet: Samstag, 7. März 2020 20:50
An: Shepherd, Lori <Lori.Shepherd using roswellpark.org>
Cc: bioc-devel using r-project.org; Ulrich Bodenhofer <bodenhofer using bioinf.jku.at>; Kurt Hornik <Kurt.Hornik using wu.ac.at>
Betreff: Re: [Bioc-devel] Biostrings: unicode character ("compact ellipsis") in print()/show() output (2nd attempt, rephrased)

you are not wrong ... thanks for pointing this out

https://github.com/Bioconductor/Biostrings/pull/33

--
The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine at http://www.partners.org/complianceline
<http://www.partners.org/complianceline> . If the e-mail was sent to you in error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and properly dispose of the e-mail.