[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor package tidybulk

stefano m@ng|o|@@te|@no @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jun 4 06:56:33 CEST 2020

Thanks Lori,

I have to questions

1)
I got versioning error

```

rstudio-1 267 % git push upstream master
Counting objects: 372, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (276/276), done.
Writing objects: 100% (290/290), 1.13 MiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 290 (delta 208), reused 21 (delta 13)
remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (208/208), completed with 41 local objects.
*remote: Error: Illegal version bump from '1.1.0' to '1.2.1'. Check *
remote: http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/version-numbering/
remote: for details
To git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/tidybulk.git

```

Even reading the guide
http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/version-numbering/ I don't
understand what applies to my case

2) I still don't know what is the best way to manage github development
with Bioconductor development.

I have my Master branch and I am pushing it to Bioconductor. Can I have a
RELEASE branch pushed to Bioconductor rather than my master branch?

guide: "Repeat for the release branch, replacing master with the name of
the release branch, e.g., RELEASE_3_6."

Thanks.

Best wishes.

*Stefano *

Stefano Mangiola | Postdoctoral fellow

Papenfuss Laboratory

The Walter Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research

+61 (0)466452544