[Bioc-devel] providerVersion error with BSgenome genomes

Diego Diez d|ego10ru|z @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Jul 17 17:46:23 CEST 2020

To add more information, this is what I get for
showMethods("providerVersion") using Bioc 3.11:

>showMethods("providerVersion")
Function: providerVersion (package GenomeInfoDb)
x="BSgenome"
    (inherited from: x="GenomeDescription")
x="GenomeDescription"
x="GFFFile"
x="SNPlocs"
x="XtraSNPlocs"

But with Bioc devel I get:

showMethods("providerVersion")
Function: providerVersion (package GenomeInfoDb)
x="GenomeDescription"
x="GFFFile"
x="SNPlocs"
x="XtraSNPlocs"

So it seems providerVersion has lost the BSgenome method. Is this an
intentional change or something that needs to be fixed?

Thank you.
Diego