[Bioc-devel] R CMD build error for 3.10 (but not 3.11)

Shepherd, Lori Lor|@Shepherd @end|ng |rom Ro@we||P@rk@org
Tue Feb 25 13:14:45 CET 2020

Thank you for reaching out.   Have you tried checking your keys and changing your name on the git.credentials app?

https://git.bioconductor.org/BiocCredentials/login/?next=/BiocCredentials/

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center

Elm & Carlton Streets

Buffalo, New York 14263

________________________________
From: L Rutter <lindsayannerutter using gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 1:55 AM
To: Shepherd, Lori <Lori.Shepherd using RoswellPark.org>
Cc: bioc-devel using r-project.org <bioc-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: Re: [Bioc-devel] R CMD build error for 3.10 (but not 3.11)

Dear Lori:

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried to follow the linked instructions on February 4 and February 9, but was unsuccessful both times (i.e. did not see the changes pushed to the release branch). I tried following the instructions again today. I notice that when I issue the command:

git merge upstream/master

I receive the message:

merge: upstream/master - not something we can merge

So, I clicked on the "Sync existing repositories" tab and checked that the instructions there were working. After adding the upstream branch as follows:

git remote add upstream git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/bigPint.git

When I then try to fetch all (git fetch --all), I receive the following error:

Fetching origin
Fetching upstream
FATAL: R any packages/bigpint lrutter DENIED by fallthru
(or you mis-spelled the reponame)
and the repository exists.
error: Could not fetch upstream

I changed my GitHub userName about one year ago from "lrutter" to "lindsayrutter". By doing "git remote -v", I can see that my origin branches are correctly at "lindsayrutter", but I am unable to see about my upstream branches on git.bioconductor. This is my output from "git remote -v":

origin https://github.com/lindsayrutter/bigPint (fetch)
origin https://github.com/lindsayrutter/bigPint (push)
upstream git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/bigpint.git (fetch)
upstream git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/bigpint.git (push)

Do you have any advice on how I can fix this issue with fetch upstream possibly expecting my older userName? Thank you for sharing advice.

Sincerely,
Lindsay