[Bioc-devel] Deleting netDx.examples package from BioC

Martin Morgan mtmorg@n@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Feb 24 20:34:11 CET 2020

Generally the guidelines are at

  https://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/

and you'll access 'devel' as the master branch and release as the RELEASE_3_10 branch of

  git clone git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/netDx

'We' do not offer a faster way to iterate on the nightly builds; the traditional approach, usually 'good enough' for most packages, is to maintain an installation of the relevant R / Bioconductor platforms, e.g., R-devel / Bioc 3-11 for 'devel and R-3.6.2 / Bioc 3-10 for release for the current cycle, following instructions and links at

  https://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/useDevel/

You could also try managing the two versions using the Bioconductor/Bioconductor_docker image

  http://bioconductor.org/help/docker/

and Travis etc images (I don't have expertise on this, maybe someone else on the list can provide detail) but my overall experience is that these layers introduce the risk that one ends up debugging the tool rather than the package.

Regardless, the basic process is to make and commit changes locally, then on a clean local checkout build and check

  cd /tmp
  git clone path/to/updated/repo
  R CMD build repo
  R CMD check repo_x.y.z.tar.gz

or similar, depending on your development system.

If there are obscure errors then one might visit

  http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/troubleshoot-build-report/

for inspiration.

Martin