[Bioc-devel] Integrating python into an R package

Zhang, David d@v|d@zh@ng@12 @end|ng |rom uc|@@c@uk
Tue Feb 18 14:11:12 CET 2020

Dear all,

I’m a bioinformatics PhD student at UCL who’s recently been trying to develop an R package that has some python dependencies. Specifically, areas of my current pipeline are written in python for speed and any ML has been implemented through sklearn. I was wondering what you would advise as the best practice of integrating python code into Bioconductor/R p
packages? E.g. R to python interfaces (such as reticulate) or advising package users to call python scripts independently or re-writing python code in R?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

David