[Bioc-devel] warning: file link '%>%' in package 'magrittr' does not exist and so has been treated as a topic

Felix Ernst |e||x@gm@ern@t @end|ng |rom out|ook@com
Thu Feb 13 08:28:52 CET 2020

Hi,

I am certainly not a roxygen expert, but if \code{\link{\%>\%}} is to implicit for anyone's taste, \code{\link[magrittr:pipe]{\%>\%}} should also work in this case.

The case above is used for a package external link. For an internal explicit link use \code{\link[=something]{or other}}.

Felix

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org> Im Auftrag von Martin Morgan
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 13. Februar 2020 04:46
An: stefano <mangiolastefano using gmail.com>; bioc-devel using r-project.org
Betreff: Re: [Bioc-devel] warning: file link '%>%' in package 'magrittr' does not exist and so has been treated as a topic

This warning

* checking whether package 'ttBulk' can be installed ... WARNING Found the following significant warnings:
  Rd warning: C:/Users/pkgbuild/AppData/Local/Temp/Rtmp6Js8e8/R.INSTALL1ddcdee5581/ttBulk/man/reexports.Rd:19: file link '%>%' in package 'magrittr' does not exist and so has been treated as a topic See 'C:/Users/pkgbuild/packagebuilder/workers/jobs/1330/8048f88/ttBulk.Rcheck/00install.out' for details.

is actually about the documentation for '%>%'. In your previous 'man' page you had

  \code{\link[magrittr]{\%>\%}}

which from reading 'Writing R Extensions' RShowDoc("R-exts") section 2.5 'Cross-references' indicates that you're trying to link to an html page named '%>%.html' in the magrittr package, but actually the man page is 'pipe.html' (e.g., by using help.start() and browsing manually to the help page). While it's possible to link to that help page, you should instead just \code{\link{\%>\%}} and R (possibly with the user choosing the package) will generate the correct link.

Your package is too deep into the roxygen foo for me to know what you need to do to generate the appropriate link (or even where the link is generated...); maybe there's a roxygen expert on the mailing list who can help (or you can perhaps post here where you generate the reexports.Rd page from).

Also, your github repository seems VERY LARGE (I lost patience trying to clone it, although my current link is quite slow); this http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/remove-large-data/ might provide some hints for removing large commits.

Hope that helps,

Martin