[Bioc-devel] Build errors due to 'usethis' package

Kern, Lori Lor|@Shepherd @end|ng |rom Ro@we||P@rk@org
Sat Dec 12 00:37:53 CET 2020

We have installed the needed system dependency that should allow the packages needed by and the package usethis to be available for tonight's build. It should clear up on its own and you do not need to take any further actions.

________________________________
From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Alina Selega <alina.selega using gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2020 4:51:21 PM
To: bioc-devel <bioc-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: [Bioc-devel] Build errors due to 'usethis' package

Hi,

I received an email notifying me that my package BUMHMM is failing on the
Linux platforms with the following error:

" Error in loadNamespace [...] : there is no package called �usethis� "

As far as I can see, `usethis` is a suggested package for `testthat`, which
BUMHMM uses for tests and lists in Suggests. I can see that some other
packages are also failing with being unable to find `usethis` as a
dependency, e.g. BiocWorkflowTools and biocthis.

I haven't made any changes to my package that could result in this. Has
something happened with `usethis`? Do you have advice on this?

Thanks,
Alina