[Bioc-devel] Illegal Version Bump after accidentally pushing Version Bump to 1.1.1

L@J@Si@ke m@iii@g oii iumc@@i L@J@Si@ke m@iii@g oii iumc@@i
Mon Dec 7 15:32:09 CET 2020

I was hoping to update my Bioconductor package, which I now know should have been a version bump from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1. However, I have by mistake version bumped to 1.1.1 meaning that the devel version is correct, but the release version is still on 1.0.0. When I try to correct this by editing the DESCRIPTION file to change the version from 1.1.1 to 1.0.1, it says this is an Illegal Version bump.

Please could you advise on how I can push changes to the release version of my package?