[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor Package Submission - Removing git pack objects

Nitesh Turaga ntur@g@@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Aug 14 13:42:46 CEST 2020

Hi,

Please make sure the bare repository is updated with the “removed” artifacts of the .pack files. From what I understand, the .pack files should also be removed by the BFG cleaner.

Try and follow this https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11050265/remove-large-pack-file-created-by-git <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11050265/remove-large-pack-file-created-by-git>. There might a command which “might” help,

	git for-each-ref --format='delete %(refname)' refs/original | git update-ref —stdin
    git reflog expire --expire=now --all
    git gc --aggressive --prune=now
You seem to be doing everything that we would already recommend a novice user with the same issue.

Try this and if it doesn’t work, I’ll investigate more.

Best,

Nitesh