[Bioc-devel] Question about "Warning: '.local' is deprecated."

Jakob Theorell j@kob@theore|| @end|ng |rom ndcn@ox@@c@uk
Mon Apr 27 08:58:03 CEST 2020

Dear all,
In one of my packages, flowSpecs, I have over the last weeks gotten this warning message:

* checking examples ... WARNING
Found the following significant warnings:

  Warning: '.local' is deprecated.
Deprecated functions may be defunct as soon as of the next release of
R.
See ?Deprecated.

I am trying my best to check the ?Deprecated pages, but I find them quite uninformative, and the specific deprecation help does not take me further either, it only says:

> .Deprecated(old = ".local")
Warning message:
'.local' is deprecated.
See help("Deprecated")

And most annoying of all: there are no .local calls in the package since weeks back. Very thankful for any input that can straighten this out.
Best regards

Jakob Theorell, MD/PhD
Autoimmune Neurology Group
Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences
University of Oxford
Phone: +447597976151