[Bioc-devel] Help with setting up a build environment to match

Kieran O'Neill kone||| @end|ng |rom bcg@c@c@
Sat Apr 25 00:05:34 CEST 2020

Hi,

Thanks! Yes, that'd be it. Looks like I have R 3.6 running locally.

And I suspect you've also identified the cause of the bug. I've tried subbing is() for class(), and am just waiting for the build to complete.

Kind regards,

Kieran

________________________________
From: Andris Jankevics <A.Jankevics using bham.ac.uk>
Sent: April 24, 2020 2:01 PM
To: Kieran O'Neill
Cc: bioc-devel using r-project.org
Subject: Re: [Bioc-devel] Help with setting up a build environment to match

Hi,

Are you using R 4.00 on Ubuntu?

Travis error indicates that you are using class(), output of this command has changed.

https://www.bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/troubleshoot-build-report/#classEq

BW,
Andris

On 24 Apr 2020 20:40, koneill using bcgsc.ca wrote:
A package I maintain, contiBAIT, is failing to build on the BioC test servers.

https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.11/bioc-LATEST/contiBAIT/malbec2-buildsrc.htmlv

It's also failing on my Travis build set up on GitHub

https://travis-ci.org/github/oneillkza/ContiBAIT/builds/674999114

But I can't reproduce this in my local environment. R CMD build runs just fine against the source, with no errors. I'm even running Ubuntu 18.04.

Can anyone suggest a relatively easy way to exactly reproduce the build environment on Travis or the BioC build servers so  I can reproduce this error and debug it?

Thanks!