[Bioc-devel] ChemmineOB build failing on windows

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@ @end|ng |rom |redhutch@org
Thu Apr 23 22:25:28 CEST 2020

On 4/23/20 13:18, Kevin Horan wrote:
> Hervé,
>
>      It could be. The test I did today was on a clean windows machine,
> so I did build open babel from scratch with Rtools40. I don't have an
> openbabel built with the old version to check. The INSTALL file of
> ChemmineOB provides detail instructions for building OpenBabel on windows.

We'll try this. That is unfortunate as it requires more time than we can
realistically spend on the builders to satisfy the needs of 1800+
software packages. It would be really appreciated if in the future you
could provide Open Babel binaries that we can just unzip on the Windows
builders.

Thanks,
H.

> Kevin
>
> On 4/23/20 12:52 PM, Hervé Pagès wrote:

>>> Right but the toolchain used for R 4.0.0 on Windows now is Rtool40
>>> which is a huge upgrade from the previous one. Could this be related
>>> to the compilation failure?
>>
>> It also occurs to me that we might need to recompile Open Babel with
>> the new toolchain on tokay2. Could that be the problem?
>>
>> H.
>>

>>> Best,
>>> H.

Hervé Pagès