[Bioc-devel] ChemmineOB build failing on windows

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@ @end|ng |rom |redhutch@org
Thu Apr 23 22:21:35 CEST 2020

On 4/23/20 12:52, Hervé Pagès wrote:
> On 4/23/20 12:45, Hervé Pagès wrote:
>> On 4/23/20 10:45, Kevin Horan wrote:
>>> Bioc,
>>>
>>> The build of ChemmineOB is failing on windows, which is also causing
>>> 3 other packages to fail (ChemmineR, eiR, and fmcsR). I was able to
>>> build the package on my own windows machine (Windows Server 2012 R2
>>> Standard) without any error. I used R devel. The content of this
>>> package has not been changed since October 2018.
>>
>> Right but the toolchain used for R 4.0.0 on Windows now is Rtool40
>> which is a huge upgrade from the previous one. Could this be related
>> to the compilation failure?
>
> It also occurs to me that we might need to recompile Open Babel with the
> new toolchain on tokay2. Could that be the problem?

FWIW the RProtoBufLib/cytolib maintainers had to do this for the
protobuf and they made the updated binaries available here:
http://rglab.github.io/binaries/

It seems to be pretty typical with C++ code that the binaries tend to
break with major updates of the compiler (generally because of changes
to how the compiler mangles method names).

H.

> H.
>

>> Best,
>> H.
>>

>>> Can someone please look into it? Thanks. The build link is
>>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__bioconductor.org_checkResults_devel_bioc-2DLATEST_ChemmineOB_tokay2-2Dbuildsrc.html&d=DwICAg&c=eRAMFD45gAfqt84VtBcfhQ&r=BK7q3XeAvimeWdGbWY_wJYbW0WYiZvSXAJJKaaPhzWA&m=wmRn4CjxRi7ewvrtWLIyKM2Tockd3ZOaWfhhytkrbCM&s=hoMGH754DpRKnA8RGcuSStVub2IwW2BGrG6lvBK4io4&e=
>>>

>>> Kevin

Hervé Pagès

Program in Computational Biology
Division of Public Health Sciences