[Bioc-devel] which web browser on the linux build machines? was Re: R environment variable which indicates "running in the bioc build system"?

Pages, Herve hp@ge@ @end|ng |rom |redhutch@org
Tue Sep 17 18:35:27 CEST 2019

Hi Paul,

We have firefox on the Linux builders:

 > getOption("browser")
[1] "/usr/bin/firefox"
 > browseURL("https://www.bioconductor.org/packages/igvR")

However it could be that this works, not because firefox somehow gets
started in headless mode, but because we have Xvfb (X11 virtual frame
buffer) run as a service in the background so firefox is able to connect
to that. I'm not sure.

Hope this helps,
H.

--