[Bioc-devel] Version number error

Christopher John chr|@@r@john86 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Sep 5 08:01:54 CEST 2019

This is just the update in the normal way to github, see the below code.

Please note the change from '1.7.999' to '1.7.10' as requested by Lori
unfortunately gives the same error message as before. Previously I tried
version 1.7.9991 which didn't work.

Any ideas? What is the correct version number to change to?

Thanks,

Chris

### update commands

christopher using RA-MAP:~/M3C$ git checkout master
M DESCRIPTION
Already on 'master'
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
christopher using RA-MAP:~/M3C$ git add .
christopher using RA-MAP:~/M3C$ git commit -m "v no change"
[master 600273a] v no change
christopher using RA-MAP:~/M3C$ git push origin master
Username for 'https://github.com': crj32
Password for 'https://crj32@github.com':
Counting objects: 3, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (3/3), done.
Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 290 bytes | 290.00 KiB/s, done.
Total 3 (delta 2), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (2/2), completed with 2 local objects.
To https://github.com/crj32/M3C
   942ea47..600273a  master -> master
christopher using RA-MAP:~/M3C$ git push upstream master
Counting objects: 8, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (8/8), done.
Writing objects: 100% (8/8), 1.24 KiB | 1.24 MiB/s, done.
Total 8 (delta 6), reused 0 (delta 0)

### error

remote: Error: Illegal version bump from '1.7.999' to '1.7.10'. Check
remote: http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/version-numbering/
remote: for details
To git.bioconductor.org:packages/M3C.git
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git using git.bioconductor.org:
packages/M3C.git'