[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor Developers Forum - Thursday 17th October

Mike Smith gr|mbough @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Oct 10 16:56:55 CEST 2019

Dear all,

The next Bioconductor Developers' Forum is scheduled for Thursday 17th
October at 09:00 PDT/ 12:00 EDT / 18:00 CEST

We will be using BlueJeans and  the meeting can be joined via:

https://bluejeans.com/528142528 (Meeting ID: 528 142 528)

This month, motivated by some community suggestions, I thought we would
take a break from the PowerPoint presentation style and instead listen to /
share experiences of working with some of the core BioC packages.  If you
have opinions on whether SummarizedExperiment is too complex, the best way
to add data to ExperimentHub, the optimal parameters for disk-backed
datasets, or anything similar come prepared to share them.

I also thought, with the upcoming release of BioC 3.10, it might be
interesting to discuss how we as developers prepare for the release date &
update our systems afterwards.  Do you cease development, create a new
branch, cram as many bug fixes as possible in the last week, or go on
holiday until it's all over?

More details and discussion can be found in the #developers-forum channel
of the Bioconductor Slack (https://bioc-community.herokuapp.com/)

Best wishes,

Mike