[Bioc-devel] profileplyr - can't replicate error

Pages, Herve hp@ge@ @end|ng |rom |redhutch@org
Mon Oct 7 23:30:31 CEST 2019

Hi,

It looks like the error occurs in the Heatmap() function from the
ComplexHeatmap package. What happens is that the devel version of the
ComplexHeatmap package went thru some important changes back in July and
August but its version never got bumped so these changes never
propagated. As a result the version we (end users and developers) have
on our systems is still the original/unmodified 2.1.0 but the build
system is using the latest revision in the master branch. If you install
that version, you should be able to reproduce the error with the
following minimal example:

   > library(ComplexHeatmap)
   > Heatmap(rep(factor("genes"), 2), col=c(genes=1), name="")
   Error in (function (classes, fdef, mtable)  :
     unable to find an inherited method for function
‘color_mapping_legend’ for signature ‘"NULL"’

This means that ComplexHeatmap::Heatmap() needs to be fixed ASAP **and**
the version of ComplexHeatmap bumped!

Cheers,
H.

On 10/7/19 10:48, Doug Barrows wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Our package (named 'profileplyr') has been failing on the development
> version of Bioconductor that will be released later this month. I am having
> difficulty debugging the error because the package continually passes
> checks on my system (using BioC devel). I have tried many ways to try and
> solve the error, but until I can replicate the problem, it is very
> difficult. Do you have any advice or pointers as to the reason it is
> failing during the build, but not locally?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Doug Barrows
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Hervé Pagès