[Bioc-devel] Problem with uncompressing files on tokay1?

Martin Morgan mtmorg@n@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Nov 25 15:39:57 CET 2019

Thanks this seems like a problem with large file size on Windows, probably in Rhtslib.

It might be better practice and more reliable to use BiocFileCache for downloads, e.g.,

url = "ftp://ftp.plantgenie.org/Tutorials/RnaSeqTutorial/data/star/unitTest/213.1_subset_sortmerna_trimmomatic_sorted.bam.bai"
BiocFileCache::bfcrpath(rnames = url)

which downloads (once) and returns the path to the cached file.

Martin