[Bioc-devel] InteractionSet for structural variants

Daniel Cameron d@n|e| @end|ng |rom d@n|e|c@meron@com
Tue May 21 16:25:23 CEST 2019

We're never going to have great support for genome coordinate systems for
SV due to the intrinsic complexity involved. Even something as simple as a
deletion is problematic if the coordinate system change results in
additional sequence in the deleted region (is that also deleted or not?),
or some of the spanned/end-point sequence gets moved to a different
chromosome. Sure, you can make approximations but it's never going to be a
good/great results. To get a good result you'd need to rerun your SV
calling pipeline in your new coordinate system. A lot more effort, but I'd
have at least some confidence in the results.