[Bioc-devel] How to change the name of R package that is already published on Bioconductor?

Junpeng Zhang zh@ngjunpeng_411 @end|ng |rom y@hoo@com
Tue Mar 5 15:33:29 CET 2019

Dear Bioconductor developers,

I am maintaining an R/Bioconductor package called miRsponge.  However, the name miRsponge is very similar with an existing database (miRSponge, http://www.bio-bigdata.net/miRSponge/). To make the package more distinct, I want to change the the name of package into miRspongeR. The name miRspongeR will be more distinct.
Is it possible to change the the name of R package that is already published on Bioconductor?
Sorry for this thing. Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Junpeng ZhangSchool of Engineering, Dali UniversityWebsite: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Junpeng_Zhang3