[Bioc-devel] Problem downloading files with GenomicDataCommons

Koustav Pal kou@t@v@p@| @end|ng |rom ||om@eu
Sun Jun 30 14:50:25 CEST 2019

Hi,

I am trying to download files using the GenomicDataCommons package.
Unfortunately, I encounter a cryptic error message most of the time.

Error: '{"data": {"hits": [], "pagination": {"count": 0, "sort": "", "from": 0, "pages": 0, "total": 0, "page": 0, "size": 0}}, "warnings": {}}' does not exist in current working directory

Please note, that I encounter this message 9 out of 10 times. The remaining 1 time,
The file download fails with a "User token has expired error” even though the user
token was downloaded 30 secs ago.

I have also looked up the examples of the transfer function. https://bioconductor.github.io/GenomicDataCommons/reference/transfer.html <https://bioconductor.github.io/GenomicDataCommons/reference/transfer.html>

Even there, this cryptic error message is found in the examples.

Please note, that I am well-aware that I can provide the manifest
to the gdc-client and I will not have to worry about it. Still,
I would like to get to the bottom of this issue.

Can someone please provide some help/insights?

Koustav Pal, PhD
Post-Doctoral Fellow in Genome Architecture,
Computational Genomics Group,
IFOM - The FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology,
Via Adamello 16,
20139 Milano, Italy.
Phone: +393441130157
E-mail: koustav.pal using ifom.eu