[Bioc-devel] failing package TimeSeriesExperiment

Lan Huong Nguyen n|huong90 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jun 17 22:55:21 CEST 2019

Dear Lori,

I sorry for a late response. I have finally found time to look into the
package error.
I fixed the current error while check is performed for
TimeSeriesExperiment, however, there is another that I cannot
address due to dependencies.

My package uses a voom() function from limma package. In the newest version
of the function in line 73 of the file voom.R:

f <- approxfun(l, rule = 2, ties = list("ordered", mean))

The third argument causes the following error:

 Error in get(as.character(FUN), mode = "function", envir = envir) :
>   object 'ties' of mode 'function' was not found

Please, let me know if there is a way to address the limma package, as I
can't find a public github repository
for the devel version of limma to submit an issue.

Thank you,
Lan

On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 6:38 AM Shepherd, Lori <Lori.Shepherd using roswellpark.org>
wrote:

> Dear Package Maintainer,
>
> We would like to bring to your attention that your package is failing to
> build on our devel build machines:
>
> http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/
> TimeSeriesExperiment
>
> Would you mind taking a look at this? Don't hesitate to ask on the
> bioc-devel mailing list if you have any question or need help.
>
> While the development branch is a place to develop new features and we
> expect packages to occasionally break,  they should not remain broken for
> an extended period of time.   If no action is taken over the next few weeks
> we will begin the deprecation process for your package.  The package has
> been failing since at least 05/17/19.  Thank you for your time and effort.
>

> Lori Shepherd
>
> Bioconductor Core Team
>
> Roswell Park Cancer Institute
>
> Department of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
>
> Elm & Carlton Streets
>
> Buffalo, New York 14263

> information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or
> distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have

-Lan