[Bioc-devel] verification on configuration

Shepherd, Lori Lor|@Shepherd @end|ng |rom Ro@we||P@rk@org
Fri Jun 7 18:48:34 CEST 2019

The instructions on

https://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/maintain-github-bioc/

will not necessarily update the git.bioconductor.org version of the package.  Please also see

https://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/push-to-github-bioc/

If the remotes are set up as follows (you can check with git remote -v)

origin  git using github.com:<developer>/ChIPSeqSpike.git (fetch)
origin  git using github.com:<developer>/ChIPSeqSpike.git (push)
upstream    git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/ChIPSeqSpike.git (fetch)
upstream    git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/ChIPSeqSpike.git (push)

We will recognize changes when there is a successful push to the upstream remote

git push upstream master

The  "deployed only if bump"  is still valid.  The build system will only recognize a new version of a package with a version bump in the DESCRIPTION.   So the NEWS file change will not be visible on the package landing page until there is a version bump.

You can create branches and push them to your own git repository.  Bioconductor does not allow additional branches created by maintainers.  We create a release branch for each new release of a package.   Any change will have to be merged into the master branch (for devel version of bioconductor)  or the current release branch (right now RELEASE_3_9) and a push to upstream in order for changes to take effect.

Hope this helps and don't hesitate to ask more questions here on the mailing list bioc-devel using r-project.org if you have any difficulties.

Cheers,

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Cancer Institute