[Bioc-devel] Bioc credentials

Leo Lahti |eo@|@ht| @end|ng |rom |k|@||
Wed Jul 31 20:08:23 CEST 2019

Hello list. I maintain the microbiome R pkg in Bioconductor.

While updating the devel version, I noticed that I cannot access the
upstreat at git.bioconductor.org. Investigating this took me to the
Bioconductor Git Credentials page (
https://git.bioconductor.org/BiocCredentials/account_activation/).

The site says that "If you currently maintain a Bioconductor package an
account has been created for you in the credentials database". Therefore I
assume that the email should be in the system.

I then tried to activate my  in my email that is listed in the Bioconductor
package. The account activation then tells that the email "is not
associated with a maintainer of a Bioconductor package. Please check the
spelling or contact bioc-devel using r-project.org for help."

I also tried to reset the password but never receive reset email. The
impression is that my email is not in the system, even though the email is
associated with an existing Bioc pkg.

Any tips on how I can proceed to get access to git.bioconductor.org and/or
login to the bioconductor credentials system?

Leo Lahti