[Bioc-devel] tokay1 C++14 compiler

Simo Kitanovski @|mo@k|t@nov@k| @end|ng |rom un|-due@de
Thu Jul 25 18:05:05 CEST 2019

Hello Bioconductor community,

I maintain the Bioconductor package genphen which depends on rstan for
MCMC sampling. To build the package one needs a C++14 compiler.

I have no problem building the package on malbec1 and merida1, but not
on tokay1. Any idea of what might have gone wrong on this server and how
to use C++14? I have submitted a new package (IgGeneUsage) which also
uses rstan and have the same problem (see build report below).

BTW: why do we see this under the C++14 compiler box for tokay1:
Compiler version (' --version' output):
'--version' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Any ideas?

Best

===============================

  R CMD BUILD

===============================
* checking for file 'IgGeneUsage/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* preparing 'IgGeneUsage':
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* cleaning src
* installing the package to build vignettes
* installing *source* package 'IgGeneUsage' ...
** using staged installation
** libs
Error in .shlib_internal(args) :
   C++14 standard requested but CXX14 is not defined
* removing
'C:/Users/pkgbuild/AppData/Local/Temp/RtmpUDyHnY/Rinst315c22dc5ac/IgGeneUsage'