[Bioc-devel] support the stable version of R

Martin Morgan mtmorg@n@bioc @ending from gm@il@com
Tue Jan 15 01:02:26 CET 2019

Maybe a little more helpfully, I think you should create a branch for 'before' Bioconductor, where you can specify R version dependency as you see fit.

Indeed, at each release the version of your package at git.bioconductor.org will have a branch created for that release, e.g., the RELEASE_3_8 branch, and you will want to sync that branch with your github repository as outlined in step 10 of https://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/sync-existing-repositories/ .

A conscientious developer would take the opportunity to increment the version dependency of R in the master branch to the version of R in use in the devel builds of Bioconductor.

Martin