[Bioc-devel] scanVCF: _DNAencode(): invalid DNAString input character: '1'
kevinrue67 @ending from gm@il@com
Wed Jan 9 17:35:21 CET 2019
Thanks for the update Valerie.
Needless to say, I ran R CMD check locally yesterday, and it crashed with
the same issue.
Naive question, without looking into the original issue: is it purely a
programming issue, or is there a chance that our (seqCAT and TVTB) VCF
files need to be updated to match any kind of new standard?
On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 3:49 PM Obenchain, Valerie <
Valerie.Obenchain using roswellpark.org> wrote:
> The problem is related to a change I made to handle buffer overflow:
> This clearly doesn't work for all cases, thanks for reporting the
> problems with seqCAT and TVTB. I've reverted the change so your packages
> will build and will re-think the fix.
> On 1/8/19 10:45 AM, Kevin RUE wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > Same kind of error for my TVTB package
> > (
> > I'll run R CMD check locally ASAP to see whether I need to update TVTB
> > or if it's something upstream.
> > Best,
> > Kevin
> > On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 5:05 PM Obenchain, Valerie
> > <Valerie.Obenchain using roswellpark.org
> > <mailto:Valerie.Obenchain using roswellpark.org>> wrote:
> > Hi Erik,
> > There have been a few changes to VariantAnnotation lately. I'll take
> > look at seqCAT and get back to you.
> > Valerie
> > On 1/8/19 6:07 AM, Erik Fasterius wrote:
> > > I recently started to get a weird error when building the
> > vignette to my seqCAT package, related to a VCF file I use as
> > example data. The error itself looks like this:
> > >
> > > scanVcf: _DNAencode(): invalid DNAString input character: '1'
> > (byte value 49) path: (...)/seqCAT/extdata/example.vcf.gz
> > >
> > > I can also reproduce the error by a simple
> > `VariantAnnotation::readVCF()` call. It has worked fine until the
> > latest devel-updates of other Bioconductor packages, so I assumed it
> > was some new change that caused the error, but I cannot find
> > anything in the NEWS seemingly related to this. I also tried to
> > troubleshoot by manually inspecting my file, and it seems that the
> > ANN field is the culprit; I can read the VCF if I remove the
> > entirety of the INFO column. I cannot, however, seem to locate the
> > erroneous data itself.
> > >
> > > Does anybody have any idea what causes this?
> > >
> > > [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
> > >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > Bioc-devel using r-project.org <mailto:Bioc-devel using r-project.org>
> > mailing list
> > > https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/bioc-devel
> > >
> > This email message may contain legally privileged and/or
> > confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
> > or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this
> > message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that
> > any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message
> > is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
> > notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email
> > message from your computer. Thank you.
> > _______________________________________________
> > Bioc-devel using r-project.org <mailto:Bioc-devel using r-project.org> mailing
> > https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/bioc-devel
> This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
> information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or
> agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended
> recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
> distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have
> received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
> e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.
[[alternative HTML version deleted]]
More information about the Bioc-devel