[Bioc-devel] V8 and ggraph

Pages, Herve hp@ge@ @ending from fredhutch@org
Wed Jan 9 06:32:19 CET 2019

Hi Alper,

As you can see here

   https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/V8/

and here

   https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/ggraph/

CRAN doesn't provide OS X binaries of V8 and ggraph for r-devel yet so
our build system is unable to install these packages. Whether this is
going to be fixed or not is not in our hands but in the hands of the
CRAN folks. So we just need to wait and hope that these binaries will
become available before the next R and BioC release (in Spring). This
situation is not new and in the past these binaries have become
available a few weeks before a new R release.

Note that debrowser is not the only Bioconductor package to be affected
by the lack of OS X binaries for r-devel on CRAN: dozens of Bioconductor
packages are currently affected. For example the clusterProfiler and
enrichplot packages (which your package debrowser depends on) are
themselves affected:

http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/clusterProfiler/merida2-install.html

http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/enrichplot/merida2-install.html

The following recent posts to this list were also about packages
affected in that way:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioc-devel/2018-November/014392.html

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioc-devel/2018-December/014443.html

Regards,