[Bioc-devel] Travis CI errors for BiocManager

Erik Fasterius erik@f@@teriu@ @ending from outlook@com
Thu Jan 3 11:24:51 CET 2019

Hi,

I’m currently updating my package `seqCAT` with some new code, and I always run it through Travis CI before pushing changes to Bioconductor. The last build errors with the following message:

Updating HTML index of packages in '.Library'
Making 'packages.html' ... done
Error: invalid version specification ‘c(3, 9)’
Execution halted
The command "eval Rscript -e 'if (!requireNamespace("BiocManager", quietly=TRUE))  install.packages("BiocManager");if (TRUE) BiocManager::install(version = "devel");cat(append = TRUE, file = "~/.Rprofile.site<http://Rprofile.site>", "options(repos = BiocManager::repositories());")' " failed.

This happens even though both `devtools::check()` and `BiocCheck()` completes without errors, like normal. I have never had this error before, and it started with the most recent change I did: `n()` to `dplyr::n()` in a single line of code (to account for the upcoming changes to the `dplyr` package), so I don’t believe the code itself is to blame.

Does anybody know what the problem is here?
Thanks in advance!
Erik