[Bioc-devel] How critical is package style for bioconductor?

Aaron Chevalier @tgc @end|ng |rom bu@edu
Tue Feb 26 17:00:50 CET 2019

Hi all,

I'm developing a package that to submit to Bioconductor and I've noticed
that the style guide suggests camelCasealternatingWords which I find hard
to read and is different from other style guides and automated
style-checking I've seen (lintr, Hadley Wickam).

Is this an optional requirement that can be done with another consistent
style, or if not are there packages that enforce this style guide in an
automated fashion? I tried BiocCheck and it said nothing about the naming
conventions.

Thanks!