[Bioc-devel] Question about package dependency
xuren2120 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Feb 19 16:01:54 CET 2019
I'm developing a Bioconductor package and I have a question about package
dependency. The functions in my package do not depend on ggplot2 but I used
ggplot2 to do some visualization in the package vignette. I'm wondering if
I should import ggplot2 in the DESCRIPTION file. If ggplot2 is not
imported, R CMD check will produce a note:
* checking tests ...
* checking for unstated dependencies in vignettes ... NOTE
'library' or 'require' call not declared from: ‘ggplot2’
* checking package vignettes in ‘inst/doc’ ... OK
* checking running R code from vignettes ...
If ggplot2 is imported, since it is used only in the vignette, and none of
the function in my package depend on ggplot2, R CMD check generates another
* checking loading without being on the library search path ... OK
* checking dependencies in R code ... NOTE
Namespace in Imports field not imported from: ‘ggplot2’
All declared Imports should be used.
* checking S3 generic/method consistency ... OK
* checking replacement functions ... OK
So I'm wondering if ggplot2 should be imported in this case. Thank you!
[[alternative HTML version deleted]]
More information about the Bioc-devel