[Bioc-devel] Error from rmarkdown

Martin Morgan mtmorg@n@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Dec 21 19:53:35 CET 2019

I checked out your package

  git clone https://git.bioconductor.org/packages/anamiR

and then, on R-devel (since that is the version being used in the current Bioconductor 'devel' release) and with BiocManager::version() returning 3.11 and BiocManager::valid() returning TRUE, I did

  cd anamiR/vignettes
  R -f Stangle IntroductionToanamiR.Rmd

This gave me the R file IntroductinoToanamiR.R, which I then 'source'd' in R with

  > source("IntroductionToanamiR.R", echo = TRUE, max = Inf)

This lead to

> mrna_d <- differExp_discrete(se = mrna_se,
+     class = "ER", method = "t.test",
+     t_test.var = FALSE, log2 = FALSE,
+     p_value.cutoff = 0.05,  logratio = 0.5
+ )
Error in t.test.default(da[gp_1], da[gp_2], var.equal = t_test.var) :
  not enough 'x' observations

While the error comes from t.test

> traceback()
10: stop("not enough 'x' observations")
9: t.test.default(da[gp_1], da[gp_2], var.equal = t_test.var)
8: stats::t.test(da[gp_1], da[gp_2], var.equal = t_test.var)
7: FUN(newX[, i], ...)
6: apply(data, 1, t_test, gp1, gp2)
5: differExp_discrete(se = mrna_se, class = "ER", method = "t.test",
       t_test.var = FALSE, log2 = FALSE, p_value.cutoff = 0.05,
       logratio = 0.5) at IntroductionToanamiR.R#47
4: eval(ei, envir)
3: eval(ei, envir)
2: withVisible(eval(ei, envir))
1: source("IntroductionToanamiR.R", echo = TRUE, max = Inf)

It seems likely that the problem is somewhere else in your code.

Since the error is reproducible outside the build system and using a standard bioc-devel installation, further troubleshooting is really the maintainer's responsibility. If the above isn't enough, respond here and I'll work on this further.

Martin