[Bioc-devel] Samtools dependency

Jonathon Hill jh||| @end|ng |rom byu@edu
Fri Aug 23 20:05:54 CEST 2019

Hi,

I am working through the process of submitting a new package (MMAPPR2). We are having a problem with the build failing, because our package requires Samtools installed. We cannot use Rsamtools, as we depend on features not implemented in the package. How do we resolve the issue? What is the policy for system dependencies? We have samtools listed in the DESCRIPTION and installation instructions in our README, but I am sure that is not enough to get it installed on the Build and Check servers.

Thanks,

Jonathon Hill