[Bioc-devel] Vignettes for a data processing package

Vincent Carey @tvjc @end|ng |rom ch@nn|ng@h@rv@rd@edu
Mon Aug 5 13:20:52 CEST 2019

Is there an open github repository where this can be examined as a work
in progress?  If so please let us know and I and likely others will take a
look
and make recommendations.

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 6:55 AM Dermot Harnett <dermot.p.harnett using gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
> I've been put in charge of trying to clean up a package produced in my lab
> into bioconductor compatible code.
>
> The package consists of a a few functions (which process annotation,
> process bam files, and then create a html report, respectively). Each of
> these functions necessarily take a long time aas they have to traverse a
> bam file several times, create lots of plots etc.
>
> It's proving extremely difficult, even with subsets of the data, to create
> a vignette which can be run in the the bioconductor standard 10minutes.
> What would you recommend in these circumstances? Is it possible for the
> package to have a workflow vignette instead of a standard vignette?
>
> Best
> Dermot Harnett, PhD
> Ohler Group
> BIMSB, Berlin

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the ...{{dropped:18}}