[Bioc-devel] Build error - C stack usage is too close to the limit

Aaron Lun |n||n|te@monkey@@w|th@keybo@rd@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Aug 2 04:36:28 CEST 2019

One possibility is that this is due to a regression in
SingleCellExperiment, caused by the altexp updates and other
refactoring. This should be fixed in 1.7.3, you can check this for
yourself by installing drisso/SingleCellExperiment off GitHub.

The other moral of the story is to not use serialized high-level
objects. Serializing basic objects is fine, but the higher up you go,
the more fragile your code becomes to refactoring. See, for example, the
scRNAseq data package for how to deliver a SingleCellExperiment to an R
session without relying on serialized SingleCellExperiments.

-A