[Bioc-devel] Timeout in check for a new submission

Shepherd, Lori Lor|@Shepherd @end|ng |rom Ro@we||P@rk@org
Fri Apr 5 16:43:11 CEST 2019

Also,  the reviewer might be able to glance at the code and help try to make it run more efficiently.  See points on http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/efficient-code/  for things like vectorization and pre-allocation.

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Cancer Institute

Elm & Carlton Streets

Buffalo, New York 14263

________________________________
From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Shepherd, Lori <Lori.Shepherd using RoswellPark.org>
Sent: Friday, April 5, 2019 10:40:07 AM
To: Bernat Gel Moreno; bioc-devel using r-project.org
Subject: Re: [Bioc-devel] Timeout in check for a new submission

If the check time is passing on the other platforms,  and the windows check isn't incredibly over the time limit,  you should be okay.  Talk with your reviewer but in general we would make an exception for this warning.

Most of the time subsets of data can be used for examples and vignettes which also help to reduce the check time but still retain usefulness of an application, without knowing your data just an example  instead of running over all chromosomes,  limit to one smaller chromosome, etc...   If this has already been done then you should be able to proceed through the submission process despite this warning.