[Bioc-devel] Vignette Latex error

Shepherd, Lori Lor|@Shepherd @end|ng |rom Ro@we||P@rk@org
Wed Apr 3 14:39:02 CEST 2019

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will investigate on the MAC builders and respond back when we have more information.  For now no further action on your part is necessary; we will advise further if something more needs to be done.

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Cancer Institute

Elm & Carlton Streets

Buffalo, New York 14263

________________________________
From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Karl Stamm <karl.stamm using gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2019 6:03:09 PM
To: bioc-devel using r-project.org
Subject: [Bioc-devel] Vignette Latex error

I'm having a build error on only the OSX servers.

* creating vignettes ... ERROR
--- re-building �rgsepd.Rnw� using knitr
Error: processing vignette 'rgsepd.Rnw' failed with diagnostics:
Running 'texi2dvi' on 'rgsepd.tex' failed.
LaTeX errors:
! Use of \blx using bbl@verbadd using i doesn't match its definition.
l.142     \verb

The tex file is written by the Rnw with knitr, so maybe it's a knitr
problem, or an incompatibility to the OSX side??   I tried removing
all references to \verb and that doesnt seem to have done anything.

I want to get the package building without errors before the brach
lockdown in a few weeks.

Since it builds on my end just fine, and also on the Windows and Linux
servers, surely it's a build server platform specific problem.   Maybe
Knitr is not supported anyone and I need to change everything over to
another RMD format ?