[Bioc-devel] how can I declare that a package doesn't/can't fully support Windows

Tim Triche, Jr. tim@triche @ending from gm@il@com
Wed Oct 10 16:46:56 CEST 2018

it looks like gmapR does not support Windows, and as a result, my MTseeker
package cannot build on tokay1, so the Data package which requires it also
cannot build on tokay1.  Are there platform-specific dontrun capabilities?

http://bioconductor.org/spb_reports/MTseekerData_buildreport_20181010103212.html

Short of somehow forcing gmapR to build on Windows, which I believe is
beyond my control, is there a way to declare that parts of the MTseeker
package are unsupported/unsupportable on Windows?

I suppose I could cleave off the variant-recalling portions but that seems
a little ridiculous. The original goal was to take the non-NuMT reads from
a given alignment, realign (only) those to rCRS/RSRS, and call against
that, for better mitochondrial haplogroup inference. We're still working
towards the full version, but even just calling variants against rCRS with
indels is hugely useful, and the ability to screen out haplogroup-specific
variants while retaining indels, SNVs, etc. turns out to be VERY handy.
More generally, there isn't any equivalent (AFAIK) in BioC, at all.

--t