[Bioc-devel] Several vignettes with links between them

Kevin RUE kevinrue67 @ending from gm@il@com
Wed Nov 14 10:35:50 CET 2018

Hi David,

First off, I'd recommend introducing non-crucial changes like this one on
the devel branch (3.9). The devel branch is the developers' primary
playground. If you _really_ think that users can't live without those
vignette updates before the next release, then you can always `git
cherry-pick` (https://git-scm.com/docs/git-cherry-pick) the commits from
the devel branch and apply them to the release branch. Just triple-check
before pushing anything to the Bioconductor Git repository that you're not
introducing any bug (...which is why the release branch it is recommended
to only _fix_ bugs on the release branch).

Then, to answer your questions, I'm sure there are several examples of
packages that use links between their multiple vignettes. Here's my
(biased) suggestion of an example :
https://github.com/csoneson/iSEE/blob/master/vignettes/basic.Rmd#L216
For the result, see:
http://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/vignettes/iSEE/inst/doc/basic.html