[Bioc-devel] Request upstream pull --force of sanitized master branch

Turaga, Nitesh Nite@h@Tur@g@ @ending from Ro@wellP@rk@org
Mon Nov 5 21:13:27 CET 2018

Hi Sam,

I fixed the RELEASE_3_8 branch as well. There was a minor discrepancy in the commit history for RELEASE_3_8 though, (which I fixed in git.bioconductor.org/packages/bumphunter) so you should resync RELEASE_3_8 in rafalab/bumphunter.

The commit history on rafalab/bumphunter:RELEASE_3_8 looks like this,

7437f04 Apply interval bugfix to sanitized master branch
****a58c60a bump x.y.z versions to odd y after creation of RELEASE_3_8 branch****
3d4f308 bump x.y.z versions to even y prior to creation of RELEASE_3_8 branch

The commit showing "bump x.y.z versions to odd y after creation of RELEASE_3_8 branch”  should not be in the RELEASE_3_8 branch. The version number in the RELEASE_3_8 branch should have an “even” Y, in the X.Y.Z version numbering scheme.

After fixing your RELEASE_3_8 branch now looks like this,

96fd715 Bump version after cherry-picking bug fix,
ac34111 Apply interval bugfix to sanitized master branch
3d4f308 bump x.y.z versions to even y prior to creation of RELEASE_3_8 branch

Please sync your RELEASE_3_8 branch on GitHub as well. “bumphunter" should now build on RELEASE_3_8 if the fix works.

NOTE: After a push is made it can take up to 48 hours for it to
appear on the build report and landing pages - i.e. we do one pull,
build, check, propagate in 24 hours - so if your commit was after the pull
for the day it wont be until the following day

Best,

Nitesh