[Bioc-devel] build cache on bioconductor build system?

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@ @ending from fredhutch@org
Wed May 30 19:31:44 CEST 2018

Hi Vivek,

Are you submitting a package and bumped its version in order to trigger
a new build? The build system used for the submission is the "Single
Package Builder" (SPB) and is not the same as the main builder used
for the daily builds (BBS). It would help if you could provide the link
to the build report where you see the error or at least the name of
your package.

On 05/30/2018 07:30 AM, Vivek Bhardwaj wrote:

> The package throwing error is*VariantAnnotation *(coming from function:
> locateVariants). I checked it's build for the dev branch and indeed it's
> broken. **
>
> All right then I would remove version specification from my package and
> I guess I'll wait for**VariantAnnotation to get fixed.

FWIW the latest version of VariantAnnotation in devel is 1.27.1:

   https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.8/bioc/html/VariantAnnotation.html

and it passes BUILD and CHECK today on all platforms today.

The SPB sometimes needs to install dependencies that in some rare
occasion can get stale a few days later. So in a sense yes it can
cache packages. Lori, our SPB expert, will be able to help you with
this if you provide the name of your package. Thanks!

H.

--
Hervé Pagès

Program in Computational Biology