[Bioc-devel] Time out in R CMD check

Xu Ren xuren2120 @ending from gm@il@com
Sun May 27 21:34:03 CEST 2018

Hi all,

I submitted a package call methylGO which is used to perform gene set
testing with length bias adjustment for DNA methylation data. One important
step is to get gene symbol and their corresponding CpG IDs on Illumina 450K
array. I get the CpG IDs from IlluminaHumanMethylation450kanno.ilmn12.hg19
package using *getAnnotation *function in minfi package. But this process
takes some time, which makes R CMD check exceed 5 min time limit. However,
getting the annotation is an essential step and it cannot be avoided. Is
this possible for the time limit to be extended?

Thanks,
Xu Ren