[Bioc-devel] Examples of reading files of not allowed type

Jordan Bisanz jord@n@bi@@nz @ending from gm@il@com
Thu May 24 00:44:35 CEST 2018

Hello,

I have a developed a package called qiime2R which serves to facilitate the analysis of files from QIIME 2 (qiime2.org), one of the most commonly used 16S rRNA amplicon packages for microbiome analysis. It allows advanced analysis and data visualization in R without the loss of associated provenance tracking aiding in reproducible analyses. The situation I am running in to is that during the bioccheck, I can not have a runnable example as it requires the qiime2-specific file format (.qza). Inclusion of these files leads to a warning during R CMD check due to the inclusion of a type not allowed in data/. I have usage examples wrapped in \dontrun{}. Is it possible for this requirement to be waved?

Thanks,

Jordan