[Bioc-devel] CRAN R 3.5 binary - where is it?

Joris Meys Jori@@Mey@ @ending from ugent@be
Thu May 10 23:44:52 CEST 2018

As Herve also indicated already, your best shot is the R-SIG-Debian list
for questions on debian like systems. That said, the maintainer Michael
Rutter announced the 3.5 binaries for all supported Ubuntu distros a few
weeks ago, but they're not on CRAN. For some reason not completely clear to
me, they reside at a launchpad now:

https://launchpad.net/~marutter/+archive/ubuntu/rrutter3.5

So you have to add that repo to the repolist using apt add-repository as
explained on the link above, and then the installation procedure is the
same as explained on the CRAN page Herve linked you to :

https://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/

Cheers
Joris

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 9:13 PM, Kenneth Condon <roonysgalbi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> It sounds like the best thing to do is go back to the original binary and
> remove the source installation.
>
> Clarice, you know I can't even remember if I did that - I think I might try
> fix the current dependency issue tomorrow, but if any more come up, Ill go
> back to the begining do as you suggested with the binary again.
>
> Herve, the link I provided has R3.4.4 .deb binaries from 2018 - not sure
> where you are getting the 2014 from.
>
> Thanks,
> Kenneth
>
> On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 7:43 PM, Clarice Groeneveld <
> clari.groeneveld at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Kenneth,
> >
> > I see you're on Ubuntu 14.04. Have you tried in Terminal:
> > sudo apt-get update
> > sudo apt-get upgrade
> >
> > to upgrade your R version?
> >
> > Best,
> > Clarice.
> >
> > Em qui, 10 de mai de 2018 às 14:20, Kenneth Condon <
> roonysgalbi at gmail.com>
> > escreveu:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I want to submit a package to bioconductor this week but first I want to
> >> build it on the latest R 3.5 release (with bioconductor 3.7). However,
> >> CRAN
> >> only has 3.4 binaries
> >> <https://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/trusty/?C=N;O=A> so I've
> had
> >> to build 3.5 from source which has unfortunately sent me to dependency
> >> hell.
> >>
> >> Rather than spending the next 3 days fixing all dependencies, does
> anyone
> >> know when the 3.5 dependency is likely to surface?
> >>
> >> I think bioconductor 3.7 cannot be installed on R 3.4 so any advice
> would
> >> be appreciated.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Kenneth.
> >>
> >>         [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Joris Meys
Statistical consultant

Department of Data Analysis and Mathematical Modelling
Ghent University
Coupure Links 653, B-9000 Gent (Belgium)
<https://maps.google.com/?q=Coupure+links+653,%C2%A0B-9000+Gent,%C2%A0Belgium&entry=gmail&source=g>

tel: +32 (0)9 264 61 79
Biowiskundedagen 2017-2018
http://www.biowiskundedagen.ugent.be/