[Bioc-devel] Switch to SSH protocol for git clone instructions on package landing pages?

Kasper Daniel Hansen k@@perd@nielh@n@en @ending from gm@il@com
Mon May 7 10:56:43 CEST 2018

I think I am formulating myself pretty badly.

If I want to get the Bioconductor git address for a package I gott o (say)
  https://www.bioconductor.org/packages/bsseq

At the bottom of this page, under the heading "Package Archive" I see the
source repository (The Bioconductor git pointer, which is different from
our devel repos on Github).  This is currently

    Source Repository: git clone https://git.bioconductor.org/packages/bsseq

I am lazy.  I like cut'and'paste.  I would like this to be changed to

    Source Repository (https): git clone
https://git.bioconductor.org/packages/bsseq
    Source Repository (ssh): git clone git at git.bioconductor.org:
packages/bsseq

This is a small thing, but there are subtle differences wrt : and / in the
way the two protocols are written.  On Github there is a drop-down menu
giving me the choice of how to clone the repos, which I find very useful.

Best,
Kasper