[Bioc-devel] Package download when using functions from affy and oligo

Vincent Carey @tvjc @ending from ch@nning@h@rv@rd@edu
Sat May 5 17:17:09 CEST 2018

How about a google drive?  This problem of autodownloading should be
addressed directly.
These facilities are still important but their maintenance is clearly a
lower priority as the
technologies handled have diminished use in the field.  I think we should
be able to team up and remove autoinstallation elements of these packages,
and
perhaps improve general maintainability -- Joris, can you pick
one, make a github repo that we can collaborate on revising, and then
we can start?  It will involve a deprecation process.