[Bioc-devel] Moving Package from SVN to Git

Tomasz Stokowy tomasz.stokowy at k2.uib.no
Wed Mar 28 19:12:44 CEST 2018

Dear bioc-devel,

I am moving my package RareVariantVis to GitHub following steps listed
here:
https://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/maintain-github-bioc/

I submitted my rsa key to Bioconductor and Github and I can connect to
Github:
Tomaszs-MBP:.ssh tomaszstokowy$ ssh -T git at github.com
Enter passphrase for key '/Users/tomaszstokowy/.ssh/id_rsa':
Hi tstokowy! You've successfully authenticated, but GitHub does not
provide shell access.

On another hand it seems I can not move content from SVN to GitHub. When
following steps from
https://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/maintain-github-bioc/

In step 7 I get "Could not read from remote repository"
Tomaszs-MBP:RareVariantVis tomaszstokowy$ git clone
https://github.com/tstokowy/RareVariantVis.git
Cloning into 'RareVariantVis'...
warning: You appear to have cloned an empty repository.
Checking connectivity... done.
Tomaszs-MBP:RareVariantVis tomaszstokowy$ cd RareVariantVis/
Tomaszs-MBP:RareVariantVis tomaszstokowy$ git remote add upstream
git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/RareVariantVis.git
Tomaszs-MBP:RareVariantVis tomaszstokowy$ git fetch upstream
git at git.bioconductor.org: Permission denied (publickey).
and the repository exists.

I will be thankful for your suggestions how to fix this.

Kind regards,

--
Tomasz Stokowy PhD
Senior Engineer